September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day Holiday!

Happy Labor Day everyone.  Please make it best of what ever you choose to do today. Even if it just sitting down with your family to play a simple board game.  Our family will just enjoy a mostly relaxed day.  We usually don't do much.  Doing something socially is a big outing that needs to be planned and told to BP way before. Over stimulation is a biggie.  Also where we reside, EVERYONE usually heads to the beach.  Crowds of people and BP don't mix. I don't think I works for me either. Tip for today: If you do go out and if your child is like mine, don't extend your welcome.  When they have had enough, it's time to go. 

I guess I should reintroduce myself, since it's been so long.  I am a 40-something Mom of two wonderful boys, My oldest is starting his first day of High School tomorrow and BP (I will refer to my son using his intitials for privacy reasons) who has ASD is in the 4th grade now. He is verbal and a very funny boy who loves the computer,Godzilla, and other monstrous creatures.   That is just a shorten version.  I started this blog back when Brendan was just beginning Kindergarten.  He has been in the same school district and I know I am fortunate when I say that his school district is Awesome.  I feel for many of you parents that are constantly struggling with all the red tape of trying to place your children in a school that will suit them and you!  My advice:
  • Please don't give up. 
  • Be an advocate for your children.
  • Do your research.
Enjoy the Holiday with your family today because tomorrow is just another day. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments and enjoy the ideas and support of others as well! Thanks!