August 7, 2008

Thoughts upon Thoughts

Lately I my brain has been constantly switching from one thought to another. Especially when my children aren't here to give me a run for my money. I go from wishing I was employed to wishing I had a larger place to live and that I could give my children a better life. Forgive me folks I am hormonal and usually when that hits, you had better watch out. I feel like "Storm" from X-Men with her power to conjure up a raging thunderstorm.


I have reading some articles regarding the benefits of having a pet dog for a child with Autism. Don't you think there are some "what ifs?!" I hope I don't sound optimistic but what if your living situation doesn't permit you to have pets? Also what about cats? I actually read blog created by a girl in her 20's who has Autism. She currently lives in a special home especially for specific disorders and she absolutely loves cats! KingdomofRats, it's quite interesting to read. I guess if there are "what ifs", then you just move on and there isn't much you can do otherwise. I know when individuals do write these articles it's for everyone and it's to help us. But at times I do feel like I am the minority. Many of us have a different socioeconomical situation and the authors might not realize that not everyone who has an Autistic child is on the same level financially. I don't want to get myself in a can of worms. Just spatting today and the hormones are kicking in.

Forgive me for not keeping up on my blog lately. I have been job hunting like crazy. I have applied to several school districts and have also had a few interviews. No such luck. I do enjoy the time spent at home with the boys and I will probably regret it when I do return to work. Anyway, as my blog states, "One Day at a Time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments and enjoy the ideas and support of others as well! Thanks!