July 9, 2008

The journey continues...





I haven't written in a few days. I have good intentions to write everyday. Uh...it's not happening as planned but at least I am sitting at a computer typing away. That's a good sign.


I had an job interview this morning with a local school district. It's for a Special Education Aide, full-time with benefits. Of course the moment you sit down with the panel of individuals who interview you, they ask if you would be willing to accept a position part-time. I graciously said "yes" but the voice in the back of my mind said, "ouch, I need the money." Apparently there are numerous candidates to interview and there's a higher likelihood of me being hired on part-time. I am fully qualified, but who knows what the world will bring. Part-time simply won't pay my rent.

Well I have my iced vanilla latte and hopefully that will sooth things a bit. I just have to keep plugging away.

As far the original point to my daily blogs. I have a page or two written and I will share it:


I simply don't know where to begin. BP,(not his real name, but changed for privacy purposes) who is my youngest son, began his journey January 7, 2002. I think he entered this world reluctantly and it showed on his face. Moving ahead a few years, we knew that BP some how was not progressing normally. At two years of age, he hardly spoke a all. Things just didn't seem right. My oldest son, C (his name is private as well) who at time was 6, far excelled what he was supposed to do. Many times I felt like BP would eventually grow out of his "delays" and we could move on to the next chapter of childhood. That didn't ever happen. After a few years of research, contemplation and observation, I decided that I needed to take the next step. I needed to go back to work, but where would I find a daycare provider who would be willing to take on the challenge of a 3.5 year with special needs and wasn't potty-trained? That is the next step on the journey for tomorrow...




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy comments and enjoy the ideas and support of others as well! Thanks!